Open Position for Senior DevOps Engineer
Published on Saturday, November 28, 2020
EdgeCollab, is adding a Senior DevOps to the Toronto team to join our team
of accomplished tech professionals to design and develop custom enterprise solutions and
establish DevOps best practices. This position will be responsible for building,
maintaining and scaling a highly performant micro-services platform. You will get a chance
to contribute to defining the base architecture and lay down a solid foundation for the
platform infrastructure. You will act as subject matter expert in the team for all things
including automation, cloud infrastructure, security, monitoring, logging etc. Come join
us and be part of an amazing journey.
- Work with our clients and project teams to deliver solutions using modern DevOps tools and best practices;
- Collaborate with software developers and IT teams;
- Take ownership of the build, release, and configuration management of production systems;
- Deploy, automate, and manage on-premise and cloud (AWS, Azure) based systems to ensure high availability,
performance, scalability, and security;
- Troubleshoot issues across various platform, network, and application domains;
- Maintain processes, documentation, and procedures;
- Make recommendations and provide continuous systems and process improvements.
- +8 years of experience in Software Development, Software Infrastructure or similar field;
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience;
- Strong technical skills and knowledge, including advanced knowledge and experience DevOps tools/processes;
- Experience working in Scrum or Agile based environment;
- Extensive experience architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment;
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability, and high availability;
- Working experience in platform and configuration management frameworks (Ansible, Cloud Formation, Chef, Puppet, etc.);
- Solid understanding of Git including branching and merging strategies;
- Thorough understanding of Unix/Linux and networking fundamentals;
- Working experience building APIs and writing Lambda functions;
- Advanced proficiency with GIT, BitBucket, Gradle, Maven, SonarQube, Jenkins, automated CI/CD pipelines;
- Experience setting up cloud (AWS) security;
- Significant experience in setting up microservices leveraging AWS features (AWS Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Redshift, Aurora, S3, Cloudfront etc.);
- Nice to have AWS certifications;
- Ability to thrive in a faced-paced environment;
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of requirements.
How To Apply
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture and we seek to attract and
develop the very best talent to work with us.
We are also committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and
employees in full compliance with all federal,
and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national
origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable
If you think you are a good fit for this position, and if you are interested
to joining our young and fast-growing company, please
send a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or fill the following form and
apply right now.